Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting for Paint to Dry

I'm touching up the outer edges of the canvases that will be put in the Fresh Show with some acrylic so it doesn't look like I hold my canvases with hands full of paint (which I do). It's an aspect of displaying paintings that I hardly think about. So I'm waiting for the edges to dry so I can paint more edges! And so I can wire the backs!

Painting edges in a corner of my 'workspace' aka bedroom


In the meantime, I'm waiting for other canvases to dry. This is obviously a well-thought-out method for drying my oil paintings that, along with you, I am also skeptical about:



I am also working on a painting.

This painting will probably look nothing like this in a few hours (20x24)

And I forgot to upload a photo of this one before, it's another Andes painting I was working on. I'm not sure what I think about it. It's definitely colorful, I'll give it that.

 EnergĂ­a de los Andes II (24x36)


1 comment: